Enroll in Credit Classes
Now enrolling for Summer and Fall classes. Make sure you select the term you need.
Once you’ve been accepted, it’s easy to find and enroll in the courses that you need to get your tomorrow started.
Haven’t completed an application? It’s quick, easy and there’s no application fee.
Find Your Classes
Once the schedule of classes is available, you can search for a course by title, subject prefix, instructor or location. You can check out course outlines, review the instructors and select which courses will work best to help you meet your goals. Note: You must select a credit term, not Continuing Ed or Staff Development.
If you’re already a JCCC credit student, all you need to do to start your enrollment is log in to MyJCCC and click “Add/Drop Classes.”
Before You Enroll
- Be sure you know how many credit hours you need if you’re receiving financial aid.
- Remember, the sooner you enroll, the more chance you have to find classes you want at times that best fit your schedule. The longer you wait, the fewer choices you may have.
- If you’re including online classes in your schedule, take a minute to take this 15-question assessment. It will help you see whether you're ready for distance learning.
Creating Your Schedule
To learn how to create your class schedule, attend a new student orientation and visit with a JCCC counselor. A good balance between the number of hours you work and the number of hours in class is crucial. In general, if you work 40 hours per week, take three to six hours of classes per semester. If you work 20 to 25 hours per week, take 12 to 15 hours. Make sure to consider other commitments in your life, such as family responsibilities. Talk to a counselor if you have a question or concern about your situation.
If a class is full, continue to watch the credit class schedule online for openings. There is no waiting list for full classes.
Enrolling for the first time? Create your schedule.
1. Log in to enroll (opens in a new tab)
2. On the Student tab, click the green Add/Drop Classes button.
3. Click Prepare for Registration to view your registration status, holds and waivers. Also verify your current degree/major selection.
4. To add a class select the Add/Drop Classes link.
5. Select the term opened for registration (Credit Summer, Credit Fall or Credit Spring) from the drop-down menu. Note: You must select a credit term, not Continuing Ed or Staff Development.
6. Search for classes using the subject, course number or keyword. For additional options such as meeting days or campus options (main campus, off-campus or online) use the advanced search. Your search results may be listed over several pages.
Clicking on the Title of the class will give you information such as course description, corequisites, prerequisites, restrictions, etc.
Placing your cursor over the Meeting Times and Location information also lets you see the beginning and ending dates of the class.
7. Select the Add button to add the class to your cart. Click on Submit. Your status will be updated to "Registered" if you have successfully enrolled in the class. If your status shows errors, you are NOT registered. Error messages show at the top right under notifications. Click Submit to remove the class from your cart.
8. Continue to search by selecting the green Search Again button in the top right corner.
9. Select the Schedule and Options tab to see a summary of your schedule or to print/email it.
Protect your enrollment
Tuition must be paid by the fee payment deadline listed in the academic calendar each semester. If you are enrolling after the fee payment deadline, tuition is due on the day you enroll.
We recommend that you print a copy of your schedule after making changes and retain this record until the semester has ended.
To print your schedule
- Log into MyJCCC.
- View your "Detail Schedule" in the lower right corner of the MyJCCC tab.
- Select "Term" (Credit Fall, Credit Spring, etc.) with the drop-down menu.
- Select the printer icon next to the term after your schedule appears.
- Select "Print."
See the academic calendar for late registration dates. After the late registration dates have passed, you must be enrolled no later than the first day your course begins. JCCC offers many late-start classes. Check the credit class search to view late-start course options.