Self-Paced Study Enrollment and Deadlines
At JCCC, you can take self-paced courses that provide you the flexibility you need, quality you deserve and the education you want. Before you enroll in a self-paced course, you should familiarize yourself with the information below.
To enroll in a self-paced course, the student must first meet with the instructor to create a plan that will accommodate the student’s goals. The instructor distributes materials, explains the self-paced agreement, and enters an enrollment waiver into the student’s record. During this meeting, the length of time allowed for completion of the self-paced course will be decided. Self-paced courses are offered in a range of time frames from three months up to one year. All work, which includes grading by the instructor, must be completed by the due date recorded in the self-paced agreement.
Credit hours are transcribed for the semester of initial enrollment, not the semester of completion. For the purpose of enrollment verification, the credit hours are counted only for the semester of initial enrollment in the self-paced course.
After obtaining an enrollment waiver from the instructor, the student must enroll in the course on the second floor of the Student Center. Enrollment must occur no later than two weeks from the date the enrollment waiver was issued.
Self-Paced Course Enrollment Deadlines
- Fall semester - November 1
- Spring semester - April 1
- Summer session - July 1
Self-Paced Course Refund and Withdrawal Deadlines
- Last day to drop with a 100% refund is two weeks from the date the enrollment waiver was issued.
- Last day to drop with no refund and without a withdrawal "W" on transcript is six weeks from the date the enrollment waiver was issued.
- Last day to drop with a withdrawal "W" on transcript or request a pass/fail grade option is six months from the date the enrollment waiver was issued. After this date, withdrawal is not permitted. Courses that have been graded prior to this deadline may not be dropped.