Accepting and Declining Financial Aid Awards
You will receive an email delivered to your JCCC student email account when your award offer is available for you to accept or decline online. Once you have accepted your award(s) online, your enrollment will be protected if your tuition is not paid by the payment deadline.
If you have not received your award email, check your spam folder since the financial aid office may be a new sender to your account. For technical assistance, email the Help Desk or call 913-469-8500, ext. 4357.
Review your online award notification carefully, accepting or rejecting each award.
You need to complete the online award acceptance within 30 days of receiving it or it may be canceled.
To accept your award:
- Log into MyJCCC by entering your JCCC username and password.
- Select the "My Financial Aid" tab.
- Select "Awards".
- Select the appropriate aid year then "Submit".
- Read General Information for Federal Aid awarded.
- To accept your award online, select the "Terms and Conditions" tab to read and accept the terms and conditions for your award(s).
- Select the "Accept Award Offer" tab.
- Read the list of options for full or partial award and submit your decision.
- Review any unsatisfied disbursement requirements at the bottom of this page. If there are any listed, they must be satisfied before aid will disburse.
- First-time borrowers must complete the Master Promissory Note. This information is found on your awards page.
Responsibilities After Accepting Your Award
If you have no missing requirements and have accepted financial aid to cover your tuition costs, your enrollment is protected. You do not have to make payment by the payment deadline date as your aid will be applied to your account when the Financial Aid Office runs disbursement.
It is your responsibility to check your Financial Aid missing requirements up until the payment deadline. A missing requirement can cause aid to not be disbursed to pay your institutional charges and for you to be dropped from your courses. Continue to monitor your MyJCCC account and JCCC Student email account for important Financial Aid information.
Withdrawal and non-attendance may affect the aid you receive and you may be required to repay part or all aid disbursed. There are many requirements for earning your financial aid. Attendance and grades as well as the total number of hours you completed compared to the hours you were paid at the beginning of the semester, may require you to repay your financial aid.
Before withdrawing from a class, check with the Financial Aid Office.
Please review the JCCC Statement of Student Financial Responsibility