Scholarships are common ways to pay for college. Once admitted to JCCC, your scholarship application makes you eligible for financial aid based on merit, financial need and more.
JCCC awards millions of dollars in scholarships every year to qualified JCCC students. Be sure to complete your JCCC scholarship application every year to be eligible!
JCCC Scholarship Details
Some JCCC scholarships are need-based, requiring applicants to complete a FAFSA prior to the April 1 scholarship priority deadline. Others are merit-based and do not require a FAFSA on file.
Academic/merit-based scholarships require a 3.5 GPA or higher.
Departmental scholarships require a 2.0 GPA or higher, depending on the department.
Unrestricted scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors and to new or continuing JCCC students who are enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
To be considered for a JCCC scholarship, we encourage you to:
- Have a current JCCC application for admission on file with the Admissions Office.
- Be degree- or certificate-seeking.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you don't complete the FAFSA, you will not be considered for a need-based scholarship. However, you may be eligible for a merit-based scholarship.
- Incoming high school students - please submit your 7th semester high school transcript.
- Complete the JCCC scholarship application before April 1.
For more information about individual scholarship criteria, including GPA and enrollment status, click “Search Scholarships.”
Please be aware that any outside resources received could result in an adjustment to your original financial aid award. Scholarship criteria, amounts and deadlines are subject to change.