Skip to main content

Students who wish to apply prior college coursework toward a degree at JCCC should submit an official transcript to the office of Admissions.

Evaluation Process

All transfer credit will be converted to the semester-hour system. All credits earned with a "D" grade or higher will be articulated and calculated in your cumulative GPA. Visit the Financial Aid page titled Satisfactory Academic Progress for more information on how transfer coursework can affect students. For Financial Aid purposes, repeated coursework is also included in the student’s attempted hours. However, only the last grade earned is used to calculate the student’s GPA.

Undergraduate transfer credits will be accepted from colleges and universities that are accredited by, or hold candidacy status with, one of the six regional accrediting bodies listed below. Graduate level coursework will not be evaluated.

  • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
  • Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
  • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)

All undergraduate coursework from foreign institutions and U.S. institutions that are not regionally accredited but hold accreditation recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or by the U.S. Department of Education will transfer as a “free elective.” Students can request these elective courses be substituted for JCCC coursework by meeting with a JCCC counselor. Transferring these credits may impact your financial aid eligibility and veteran education benefits. Please speak with those offices prior to submitting your transcript.

Email Notification of Evaluation Completion

  • Once a transcript has been evaluated, you will receive an email at your JCCC student email address notifying you of the completion of the evaluation.

Use of Transcript Evaluation Records

  • JCCC counselors have access to the evaluation information and can review it with you.
  • You may also access your transfer work and print a degree audit using DegreeCheck.

Appeal of Evaluation

Should you wish to appeal your transcript evaluation, you may submit an appeal to the Admissions Office. Include the name of the transfer institution, transfer course, which JCCC course you believe you should receive credit and a syllabus and/or course outline. We will forward your appeal to the appropriate dean for review.