The College Now program is a partnership program that provides high school students with an opportunity to earn college credits while completing their high school requirements through concurrent enrollment.
Start early. You are about to become a college student.
The cost to attend JCCC is significantly lower than area public and private colleges and universities. The typical College Now course will range from 3 to 5 credits. Tuition rates are based on cost per credit-hour.
- Gives you a step ahead into college life and the skills needed to succeed.
- Saves you time. When you graduate from high school you will already have a head start on your college education.
- Saves you money. Lowers the cost of your overall college education.
- Provides schedule flexibility in college in completing general education courses while still in high school.
- Demonstrates academic initiative and seriousness when applying to colleges and universities.
- Provides access to JCCC math and other resource centers and free or low-cost tutoring.
- Provides access to the wealth of academic resources in the JCCC library, computer labs and departments.
Students reported that 87 percent of their College Now courses transferred as course-for-course and an additional 9 percent indicated their courses transferred as electives.