Skip to main content

Individuals who are currently in the U.S. on visas other than F-1 may also study if their status permits.

Does my visa type allow me to study at JCCC?

If your visa type permits you to study, complete the following steps to gain admission:

1. Apply to JCCC

Within 3 to 5 business days of applying to JCCC, you will receive an email which contains your 8 digit JCCC student I.D. number and provides information on how to log into your MyJCCC account. Once you receive this email, you will be able to proceed with completing the other admissions steps found below.

2. Submit to the IISS office in COM 306 (or via email or electronically) a copy of your:

  • Passport
  • Visa
  • I-94
  • I-20 (F-2 visa holders)
  • Form DS-2019 (J-1 or J-2 visa holders)

3. Undergo a TB blood test, if:

  • You are from one of the countries listed on the TB country list, and/or
  • You have ever had the BCG vaccine, and/or
  • You tested positive in the past on a TB skin test yet you have never undergo a TB blood test

TB Blood tests must be done at the Johnson County Health Department and results sent to the IISS office. See more details about TB screening.

4. Meet all other admission requirements

  • These requirements can be found on your Personal Admission Plan (log in to MyJCCC).

*Students in the U.S. on a visa cannot be classified as Kansas Residents for Tuition purposes.