Skip to main content

A visiting F-1 student is a student who does not have a JCCC I-20 but wishes to take some classes at JCCC to transfer to their main college or university.

If you decide to later become a degree-seeking student at JCCC, it’s your responsibility to notify the IISS office and the institution that holds your I-20.

1. Apply to JCCC

Apply online

As a visiting student, you will need to apply as a non-degree seeking student.

Within 3 to 5 business days of applying to JCCC, you will receive an email which contains your 8-digit JCCC student ID number and provides information on how to log into your MyJCCC account. Once you receive this email, you will be able to proceed with completing the other admissions steps.

2. Submit a Copy of Passport, Current I-20, and Unofficial Transcript

You are required to send the IISS office a copy of your passport information page as well as a copy of your current I-20 and unofficial transcript.

3. Academic Rights and Responsibilities

It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with JCCC's academic and financial polices. Please review the student handbook or attend a new student orientation to ensure you understand your academic responsibilities and rights.

Additional Important Information

Prerequisite Classes

It is important that you check whether the class you wish to enroll has any prerequisite(s). Information on how to satisfy prerequisites.

Submitting Documents to IISS:

The fastest and preferred way for applicants to submit the required documents is through the IISS email: 

Documents may also be mailed to: 
JCCC International and Immigrant Student Services Office 
12345 College Blvd., Box 30 
Overland Park, KS 66210-1299 USA 
**Do not mail the IISS original copies of your documents.** 

Or faxed to 913-469-7681 

Visiting Student Hold

Each semester that you wish to take classes as a visiting student, you must contact the IISS office prior to the start of the semester to inform us of your intent to remain a visiting student. It is important that you follow through with this request as you will have an enrollment hold on your account until this is done. You may either call, email or come to IISS office to have the hold updated.