Skip to main content

In the event of a personal emergency, accident, illness or incarceration, the state of Kansas may require the signature of an authorized adult (such as a parent, legal guardian or a person with power of attorney) before offering assistance such as medical treatment or legal counsel for a person under the age of 18. For this reason, it is highly advised that JCCC minor students have a parent, assigned legal guardian or an individual with power of attorney over the age of 18 residing in the United States. The IISS office will not assume any of the above mentioned roles in any capacity for a minor-aged student.

For more information on becoming a power of attorney, please visit the Kansas Legal Services website.