Skip to main content

JCCC values a diverse student body. It is an open-door institution which allows any student to attend.

If you do not possess a lawful U.S. immigration status or you hold Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, you must complete the following steps:

1. Apply to JCCC

Within 3 to 5 business days of applying to JCCC, you will receive an email which contains your 8 digit JCCC student ID number and provides information on how to log into your MyJCCC account. Once you receive this email, you will be able to proceed with completing the other admissions steps found below.

2. Undergo a TB blood test if:

  • You are from one of the countries listed on the TB country list, and/or
  • You have ever had the BCG vaccine, and/or
  • You tested positive in the past on a TB skin test yet you have never undergone a TB blood test

TB Blood tests must be done at the Johnson County Health Department and results sent to the IISS office. See further details about TB screening.

3. Meet all other admission requirements

These can be found on your personal admission plan. Log in to MYJCCC to see it.

HB-2145 Information and Requirements for Undocumented/or DACA Status Applicants

HB-2145 is a Kansas law that allows individuals who do not hold lawful status to receive the in-state tuition rate when they satisfy the criteria specified in the law.

You must meet the following HB-2145 requirements to qualify for in-state tuition rates.

1. Reside in Kansas for a minimum of six months prior to the first day of classes of the semester in which you intend to enroll, and

2. Submit a completed and notarized* JCCC HB-2145 Affidavit form accompanied by transcripts and/or GED exam results verifying the following two criteria:

  • Attendance at an accredited Kansas high school for three or more years (any grades 9-12), and
  • Graduation from an accredited Kansas high school or a GED issued by Kansas.

High School transcripts and/or GED exam results need to be sent directly from the issuing institution to JCCC Admissions by email to or mailed to:

JCCC Admissions
Box 41
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210

*You may contact the IISS office for a list of on-campus notaries.

It is your responsibility to meet the requirements above and to ensure that all documents are received so that your tuition can be adjusted to in-state. After you have submitted all documents and completed your Admission Plan, contact the IISS office in COM 306.

***The deadline for meeting HB-2145 requirements for tuition adjustment is the first day of the semester you plan to attend. Failure to meet this deadline will mean you will be charged the out of state tuition rate. To avoid missing out on the tuition benefit of HB2145, we highly recommend that you complete the HB2145 requirements before the payment deadline of the semester you plan to attend. All documents are due the first day of the semester you plan to attend.***