Writing Resources & Journals
JCCC Writing Center Journal
Journal written by JCCC peer writing tutors.
- Issue No. 6 Fall 2016 (PDF)
- Issue No. 5 Fall 2013 (PDF)
- Issue No. 4 Fall 2012 (PDF)
- Issue No. 3 Fall 2011 (PDF)
- Issue No. 2 Fall 2010 (PDF)
- Issue No. 1 Fall 2009 (PDF)
The grammar hotline provides service to students and the community.
Students and community members may call the hotline at 913-469-4413 for questions about writing, such as spelling, punctuation, grammar or usage.
The Writing Center staff uses a variety of resources to research the answer and give you an accurate reply.
Instructors in the Writing Center will assess your writing and may give you a computerized grammar test to understand where you may need help.
Individualized writing course modules are available.
The courses are one-credit, self-paced instructional units which help you learn the rules of standard edited English.
Grammar, mechanics, usage and the rhetorical conventions are covered in a variety of courses.
Writing Assignment References
- English Program Objectives (PDF)
- Plagiarism Defined (PDF)
- Research Paper Guidelines (PDF)
- Things That Make English Teachers Crazy (PDF)
- Writing Standards at JCCC (PDF)
Style Guides and Bibliography Guide