Academic Achievement Center (AAC)
The AAC is a resource for any JCCC student who needs help with class material. While other JCCC resource centers focus on a specific content area (such as writing or math), the AAC works with you to improve your ability and readiness to learn.
The AAC offers classes in basic skills essential for college success. For most courses, you are required to spend a minimum number of hours studying in the center, pass a minimum number of tests, complete a course notebook, and take a post-test.
AAC Instructional Services
- AAC classes
- Individual reading and study skills assistance
Other AAC Services
- Computer lab with technology and learning assistance
- Math assistance for non-math students
- College-wide placement exam preparation
- Reading Textbooks (PDF)
- SQ4R Study Method (PDF)
- Taking Notes (PDF)
- Preparing for Tests (PDF)
- Test Anxiety (PDF)
- How is College Different from High School?
- Purdue University Academic Resources
- Study Guides and Strategies website