The Writing Center is a free student and community support center created to assist writers with reviewing, refreshing and upgrading their writing skills.
Tutorials - Receive individualized feedback about your writing.
Tutors and Faculty - Trained tutors will read your essays for organization and development. Faculty are available for feedback.
Assessments - Assessment quiz will help you determine your grammar knowledge and work to build skills at your own pace.
Software - Software is available to help you diagnose your writing, improve speech and pronunciation, increase your grammar knowledge.
Handouts - There are more than 100 guides and references addressing parts of speech, mechanics, syntax, and assignment models such as précis and bibliographies for you to access.
Other Services - We provide online writing lab, grammar hotline and writing center courses to help improve your skills.
You should leave each tutoring session with a greater understanding of how to improve your writing.
- Improvement of teaching and learning
- Non-stressful service individuals at any stage of the writing process.
- Draft feedback is an important part of the writing process.
- Audience other than teacher or class
- Community of writers/models of good writing
- Writing resources such as books, software and reference handouts.
- A Grammar Hotline
- Computer access
- Assessment and evaluation of writing skills
- Credit and non-credit writing courses.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.