Math Placement Practice Tests
- Your score will determine which math classes you can enroll in.
- You could waste money and time on extra classes that may not count toward your degree or certificate if your score places you into a class that is lower than your actual ability level.
- Studying and doing your best will help place you into math classes that are at the correct level for you to be successful.
Know what to expect from the ACCUPLACER Math Placement Test
- You will take the test on a computer in the Testing Center, located on the third floor of the Student Center, SC 334.
- No outside calculators are allowed. Some questions have an on-screen calculator..
- Allow at least 1 hour for the math portion of the test.
- Be careful. The first few questions are important in determining your placement.
- Answering questions correctly will move you to higher levels.
- The test is multiple choice.
- Scratch paper is provided. Use it to work out the problems instead of trying to work them in your head.
- You may not skip any problems and come back to them.
- Your score report will be available immediately after the test. You will have the opportunity to discuss your score report with Testing Services staff.