Compensation Policy 418.04
Series: 400 Personnel
Section: Compensation and Benefits
1. The college shall maintain systems to rank and classify jobs and establish pay ranges.
2. The board will periodically approve specific minimum and maximum limits for pay ranges.
3. The president shall recommend to the board an initial salary for each person being hired that falls within the appropriate pay range except where it is determined that unusual labor market conditions prevail or that the qualifications of the candidate being hired require a special salary determination.
4. The board will periodically establish general guidelines for adjusting the salaries of employees.
5. The president shall recommend a rate of pay for each employee at least once a year.
6. Pay periods will be designated from time to time by the college.
7. In addition to any payroll deductions required by law, voluntary deductions shall be permitted if mutually approved by the college and the employee.
8. The college shall pay a shift differential to classified employees who regularly work on a scheduled night shift where the scheduled working hours of the shift begin during the evening of one working day and extend past midnight. The amount of the shift differential shall be as determined by the Board of Trustees.
Revised: 09/21/2000, 03/15/2001