Academic Master Plan 2015-16
JCCC’s academic master plan reflects the college’s academic goals and priorities.
JCCC’s academic master plan reflects the college’s academic goals and priorities. The master plan provides a framework for the ongoing analysis of the college’s academic and support programs and both reflects and demonstrates the alignment of programs with the college’s mission and vision and its strategic goals.
The academic master plan:
- Provides a framework for academic planning and decision-making.
- Establishes action plans for improvement for academic and support programs.
- Guides resource allocation.
- Serves as a guide to program development and facilities planning.
- Is in accordance with the college’s vision for the future.
The components of the college’s academic master plan are devised through a number of mechanisms, including the college’s strategic planning process and the program review process. The plan supports JCCC’s mission, vision and values and its strategic goals and contributes to improvements in its key performance indicators, all of which are focused on student success. They also help the college as a whole respond to external factors that affect the academic environment and the community, including economic, market, demographic and technology trends and increasing competition from other educational entities.