Skip to main content

If you're still deciding on a major, working with a counselor can help you explore your options.

If you're still deciding on a major, working with our Career Development Center can help you understand the career choices, assess your strengths and interests and explore career choices. Career services are available for current students and alumni. Contact the Career Development Center if you need assistance with discussing career options.

Enrolling Without a Major

You can still enroll for classes even if you haven't chosen a major, but if you intend to apply for financial aid through JCCC, you have to be enrolled in a program that leads to an associate's degree or an eligible vocational certificate or be in a transfer program that leads to a bachelor's degree at another institution. 

Changing Your Major

After you have met with a counselor and decided to change your major, you can complete a change of major form in the Student Success Center.

Advice for Specific Majors

If you're interested in majoring in programs or transferring to another college, please discuss this with our counselors so that they can help you with your academic plan.