Skip to main content
College Now Information Webinars

Join us for a College Now informational webinar via Zoom. Our next sessions are Tuesday, Aug. 27, or Thursday, Sept. 5, both from 6-8 p.m.

Learn about the many benefits of the College Now program and find out how to enroll. No registration is required. 

Join the College Now Info Session

What you need to know about College Now enrollment

To be eligible for admission as a high school student concurrently enrolled at Johnson County Community College, each applicant needs to meet a set of established criteria.

See JCCC's eligibility criteria

Step 1 - Apply

  • If you have not previously taken College Now courses while in high school, you will need to apply for admission to JCCC. Select the term you plan to be taking courses (i.e., Summer/Fall term for first semester or Spring term for second semester).
  • You only need to apply once, so if you have already applied or taken College Now courses, skip this section and move to step 2!

Start an Application 

Step 2 - Placement (complete placement test only if required)

  • Placement testing/ACT scores are only required for certain College Now courses (e.g. English, math, science, etc.)
  • If placement test/ACT scores are required, it is noted on the College Now schedule for your high school as a prerequisite.
  • Not sure whether you need ACT scores or a JCCC placement test? Visit with your high school counselor.

Learn more about placement 

Step 3 - Enroll

Learn how to add or drop classes 

Step 4 - Pay

  • Tuition is due at the time of enrollment and can be paid online, in person or by mail.
  • There are certain career and technical courses where tuition is waived for high school students who meet residency requirements. This is designated as "Excel in CTE" on the College Now Schedule of courses for your high school

Learn more about paying tuition 

College Now students have all the same rights and responsibilities as other JCCC students. The student handbook provides guidelines you will use as a student at the College.

  • JCCC Student Handbook - academic policies and procedures, admission and enrollment information and services for students.
  • Nondiscrimination Policy - Johnson County Community College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination.
  • Accessibility - JCCC provides a range of services to allow persons with disabilities to participate in educational programs and activities.
  • College Transcripts - If you would like official copies of your college transcripts sent to other colleges and universities, you must submit a transcript request online.
  • JCCC is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission312-263-0456.
  • JCCC’s College Now program is accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP)
  • 93.8% of College Now students who responded to our 2018 survey stated their courses transferred to their desired college or university. If you are interested in transferring JCCC credit to another university or institution, please visit the Transfer Advising Program Guides page.
  • If you are interested in transferring to a university in the state of Kansas, you may also visit the Kansas Board of Regents webpage for updated transfer course information.

Frequently asked questions about College Now enrollment

Certain classes such as English, chemistry, math, physics and CNA require students to either take a placement test and obtain a qualifying score or have a qualifying score from the ACT or AP exam on file. Visit College Now Testing Information for information about the placement test or submitting ACT or AP scores.

Yes, the deadlines to enroll in classes can be found on the current College Now Enrollment Guide for high school students.

You can drop your class online by logging into your MyJCCC account as long as you do not have any registration holds. Go to Drop a Course Online for specific instructions. If you need assistance, visit the Success Center, Registration Lab, 2nd floor of the Student Center.  Students cannot drop classes over the phone once the semester has begun.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If dropping a year-long course after first semester, you will need to complete a Schedule Change form and submit it to the Registration Lab on the 2nd floor of the Student Center, email the Registrar Office or fax to 913-469-2300 for processing. Be sure to check the deadline dates to drop classes that can be found on the current College Now Enrollment Guide  for high school students.

Yes, to view the drop deadline dates for your specific classes log in to MyJCCC. On the main landing page, select the current term to view your schedule of classes. To view the drop deadline dates for each course, select the down arrow on the right side of the course. You will be able to see the deadlines to drop with a refund, drop without a W (for year-long courses only), and drop with a W (or request a pass/fail grade option). These deadline dates to drop classes can also be found on the current College Now Enrollment Guide for high school students.

Each fall and spring semester there is an enrollment deadline date stated in the current College Now Enrollment Guide for high school students. You must enroll and pay your tuition by these deadlines.

No. If you enrolled in a year-long class in the fall, you do not need to enroll or pay again in the spring for the same class. Your course will continue at the start of the spring semester. Your grade becomes available once the spring semester is complete.

There are several options for students who have transferred mid-year to a new high school.

  • Fall semester long course – finish your fall courses at your current high school and enroll in spring College Now courses at your new high school, if available.
  • College Algebra course – our JCCC instructors will work with you to finish the course at your new high school.  We need to know once you have switched high schools so we can adjust your enrollment to the correct CRN. Have your new high school counselor email the JCCC Registrar Office with the details.
  • Year-long course
    • If the new high school does not offer the same course you are enrolled in, you will need to withdraw and will receive a ‘W’ on your JCCC transcript. JCCC will need a letter from your new high school stating they do not offer the same course. You may submit a Tuition Refund Appeal to ask if your tuition may be refunded.  View the “How do I drop a College Now class” FAQ for details on dropping a year-long course.
    • If your new high school does offer the same course, your new high school instructor would need to discuss this enrollment change with you prior to making any enrollment changes.  This is to make sure the course is close to the same section of curriculum as the previous high school. If so, your new high school will need to email the Registrar Office to enroll you in the correct CRN for your new high school.

You need to withdraw and will receive a ‘W’ on your JCCC transcript.

Failure to drop your College Now course at JCCC will result in a grade of ‘F’ on your JCCC transcript.

Refer to Drop a Course Online for step-by-step instructions.