Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Adult Basic Education is sponsored by Johnson County Community College and the Johnson County Library. Instruction is offered in locations throughout the county.
Who can attend Adult Basic Education classes?
The program is designed for adults 16 and older who are no longer in school. Classes are small and you will receive individualized attention. Learn at your own pace - you will not be measured against others.
What do we offer?
- Basic skills instruction in reading, writing, math and everyday survival skills
- General Education Development (GED®) test preparation
- A study plan made to meet your individual learning needs
- Outreach classes located in community centers close to where you live
- Small classes with friendly people who are also seeking basic skills to improve their lives
- A transition coach to assist you with future plans
- Volunteer tutors to give one-on-one attention
Students should register at least 24 hours in advance of the orientation.
A $50 non-refundable materials fee, payable by check, money order or debit or credit card, is due at the time of registration. Please note that we do not accept cash.
Download our brochure.