Illnesses - Injuries - Accidents
Whenever an individual is injured or becomes ill, if it is safe to do so respond promptly and properly to ensure the individual receives the appropriate medical attention.
- If the injury/illness is serious or life threatening, immediately contact the JCCC Campus Police Department at ext. 4111 or 913-469-2500 if you are at an off-campus location dial 911.
- Do not move the person unless it is necessary for safety reasons.
- Protect the person from unnecessary manipulation and disturbance.
- Begin CPR and other first aid measures as appropriate.
- Stay with the person until advanced medical assistance arrives.
If the injury/illness is not serious or life threatening, ask the individual what assistance is needed. Also contact the JCCC Campus Police Department at ext. 4111 to assist to the extent requested by the affected individual.
Employees who suffer an on-the-job injury/illness should remember the following:
Regardless of severity, promptly report all on-the-job injuries/illnesses immediately to your supervisor AND Insurance and Risk Management (ext. 2508).
- In emergency situations, immediately call the JCCC Campus Police Department at ext. 4111 or 913-469-2500 if you are at an off campus location dial 911. As soon as reasonably possible, contact Insurance and Risk Management (ext. 2508) to file the Workers Compensation Incident Form and obtain additional instructions/information.
- In non-emergency situations, notify Insurance and Risk Management (ext. 2508), file the Workers’ Compensation Incident Form and secure a referral to the appropriate medical facility.
- Although some on-the-job injuries/illnesses may not require medical attention, always promptly report all on-the-job illnesses/injuries and file the Workers’ Compensation Incident Form in the event you need medical treatment at a later date.
The Workers’ Compensation Incident Form can be found in the Infoshare toolbox under forms.