All threats to the campus community are to be taken seriously. If you receive a telephone call informing you that a bomb has been placed on campus, do the following:
- Remain calm and refer to the following checklist to record information the caller provides to help determine the seriousness of the threat and possibly identify the caller.
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible to attempt to gather as much information as possible.
- Call the JCCC Campus Police Department at ext. 4111 or 913-469-2500 immediately or if you are at an off-campus location call 911.
- If the bomb threat was left on your voicemail, do not erase it.
- Remember, the decision of whether or not to evacuate a work area or building will be determined by the JCCC Campus Police Department and the administration after a thorough evaluation of the information available. This decision will be communicated quickly to personnel.
- If evacuation is called for, do not use cell phones or radios within 300 feet of the area.
- Check for but do not disturb unusual objects as you leave a classroom or an office. Report any unusual objects to the JCCC Campus PoliceDepartment.