Academic Calendar Summer 2016
JCCC academic calendar summer 2016 session dates and deadlines including the start of credit classes and college holidays.
2016 Summer Session Dates and Deadlines
- Summer 2016 schedule of classes becomes available on the web.
- Summer pre-enrollment begins at 8 a.m. for students who have applied for graduation and for specific career program students (excludes Liberal Arts, General Sciences, General Studies, and non-degree seeking).
- Open enrollment for summer begins at 9 p.m. on the web.
- Enrollment for summer CNA courses (AVHO 102) begins at 8 a.m.
- See the Fall 2016 Academic Calendar
- New and readmitted students are encouraged to apply by this date to ensure enrollment by the start of the summer session.
- Memorial Day holiday. College closed.
- Payment deadline - 6 p.m. All students enrolling prior to this deadline must pay tuition and fees by 6 p.m. or risk being dropped from classes. Enrollment will be closed from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. for drop for non-payment processing. Payment is due on the date of enrollment for students adding classes after 9 p.m. on May 31.
- Web enrollment reopens at 9 p.m.
- Credit enrollment for students eligible for the 60+ tuition rate begins at 8 a.m.
- First day of classes for summer session (8-week and first 4-week courses).
- Enrollment Reminder: students must be enrolled in a course no later than the first day the course meets.
- Last day to drop a first 4-week course and receive a refund.
- Last day to drop an 8-week course and receive a refund.
- Last day to drop a first 4-week course without a withdrawal "W" on the student's permanent record.
- Application deadline for summer graduation.
- Last day to drop an 8-week course without a withdrawal "W" on the student's permanent record. Deadline is 11 p.m. for drops completed on the web.
- Last day to request a pass/fail grade option or to withdraw with a “W” from a first 4-week course.
- Last day of first 4-week session.
- Independence Day holiday. Classes not in session. College closed.
- First day of second 4-week session.
- Last day to drop a second 4-week course and receive a refund.
- Last day to drop a second 4-week course without a withdrawal "W" on the student's permanent record.
- Last day to request a pass/fail grade option or to withdraw with a “W” from an 8-week course.
- Last day to request a pass/fail grade option or to withdraw with a “W” from a second 4-week course.
- Last day of summer session. Final exams are held on the last day of each course unless otherwise specified by the instructor. (Due to the length of the final exam for some courses, students may be required to attend class on the Friday following the last day of the session to take their final exam.)
- Final grades entered online by professors by 5 p.m.
- Grades available to students by noon on the web.