Academic Calendar Fall 2016
JCCC academic calendar fall 2016 semester dates and deadlines including the start of credit classes and college holidays.
2016 Fall Semester Dates and Deadlines
- Fall schedule of classes becomes available on the Web.
- See the Summer 2016 Academic Calendar.
- Fall pre-enrollment begins at 8 a.m. for students who have applied for graduation and for specific career program students (excludes Liberal Arts, General Sciences, General Studies, and non-degree seeking students).
- Open enrollment for fall begins on the Web at 9 p.m.
- Enrollment for fall CNA classes (AVHO 102) begins at 8 a.m.
- New and readmit students are encouraged to apply for admission by this date to ensure enrollment by the start of the semester.
- Staff on 10-month contract return.
- Staff on 9-month contract return.
- Professional Development Days for faculty.
- Payment Deadline – 6 p.m.
All students enrolling prior to this deadline must pay tuition and fees by 6 p.m. or risk being dropped from classes. Enrollment will be closed from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. for drop for non-payment processing. Payment is due on the date of enrollment for students adding classes after 9 p.m. on August 16th.
- Web enrollment reopens at 9 p.m.
- Credit enrollment for students eligible for the 60+ tuition rate begins at 8 a.m.
- Special Saturday Hours: Success Center open for enrollment 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Testing Center open 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- First day of fall semester.
- Late Registration: after these dates, students must be enrolled in a course no later than the first day the course meets.
- Last day to drop a full-semester course and receive a 100 percent refund.
- Labor Day holiday. College closed.
- Last day to drop a full semester course without a withdrawal “W” on the student’s permanent record. Deadline is 11 p.m. for drops completed on the Web.
- Transcripts required from other colleges and schools are due.
- Application deadline for fall graduation.
- Last day to request a pass/fail grade option or to withdraw with a "W" from a full semester course.
- Classes not in session. College offices closed.
- Thanksgiving Day holiday. College closed.
- Saturday classes will not meet.
- Sunday classes will not meet.
- Deadline for faculty to submit grade changes for “I” grades assigned in spring or summer.
- Final exams.
- Last day for staff on 9-month contract.
- Saturday classes end.
- Sunday classes end.
- Last day of fall semester.
- Grades entered online by professors by 5 p.m.
- Last day for staff on 10-month contract.
- Grades available to students by noon on the Web.
- 23-Jan. 2
- Winter break. College closed.