Preparing for JCCC Army ROTC
Acceptance into Johnson County Community College as a full-time undergraduate student.
Students who bring the following attributes to the military science program have the highest rate of success:
- Scholar (3.0 or higher GPA)
- Athlete (participation in team or individual sports or physical activities)
- Leader (elected or appointed leadership positions in school, sport, community, volunteer and/or spiritual organizations)
A strong desire and will to successfully complete the military science program can overcome shortfalls in any of the above-listed attributes.
Students must take an Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) that evaluates their level of physical fitness in these three events:
- Push-ups (number of repetitions in two minutes)
- Sit-ups (number of repetitions in two minutes)
- Two-mile run (score calculated on time needed to complete the run)