Skip to main content

Ways to Attend ROTC

College Students

If you're interested in enrolling in Army ROTC and you are in college, you can start by contacting the University of Kansas or Mid-America Nazarene University Department of Military Science to discuss enrolling in a military science course there.

If you have at least two or more years remaining toward your undergraduate degree, but not enough time to complete the Basic Course, you can enter the Army ROTC Advanced Course by completing the Leader's Training Course (LTC) held at Fort Knox, Ky., during the summer.

Talk to your campus military science department about other ways to enroll in Army ROTC and the incentives available, including opportunities to compete for two-, three- or four-year scholarships.

Leader's Training Course (LTC)

This course is for those college students who want to complete Army ROTC training in two years. To qualify, you must complete a challenging and motivating 28-day training program at Fort Knox, Ky. Upon completion of the Leader's Training Course, graduates return to campus prepared to enter the Advanced Course. Upon that contracting commitment, they may also qualify for a $5,000 bonus. Ask your campus military science department for more information.

Enlisted Soldiers

If you are an enlisted soldier in the Army and interested in becoming an officer, find out more about opportunities for soldiers.

Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)

The Simultaneous Membership Program allows you to attend Army ROTC and serve in the U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard at the same time. It gives you an opportunity for additional training and experience. Cadets serve as officer trainees in the Reserve or National Guard while completing college. You can earn Reserve/Guard pay and benefits in addition to your Army ROTC allowances.

Learn more about Army ROTC scholarships for college students.