The CoLab Collaboration Center
The CoLab, Johnson County Community College's new collaboration center.
Located in the heart of JCCC's beautiful Overland Park campus, the CoLab provides many resources that help students, faculty and community partners to create collaborative, experiential learning opportunities.
The CoLab is an active learning environment offering an array of resources — imaginative co-work spaces, advanced technology, technical support, research assistance, event coordination — all focused on student success.
The CoLab facilitates collaboration on interdisciplinary projects among students, faculty and industry. Students will apply what they learn to develop strong interpersonal and communication skills critical to career success.
The CoLab encourages student and faculty connections to area businesses and community organizations, helping the college fulfill its mission to inspire learning, transform lives and strengthen communities.
Coming to the CoLab
The collaboration center will host more than 40 projects, activities and events this fall, including:
- JCCC English collaborative Great Books series
- Girls Who Code
- The Cosmosphere and JCCC Arts Education: The Physics of Flight
- JCCC Political Science and Model UN: Intergenerational Model UN
- Scott Rice Innovation in Education Symposium
- International Relations Council of Kansas City and JCCC International Education and Closing the Global Gap series
- Industry speakers, including Alana Muller and representatives from American Eagle Outfitters, Emmersive Technologies and EAG Advertising
- Kansas Studies Institute's "Exploring Southeast Kansas" documentary premiere and panel discussion
- Brigadier General Wilma Vaught and JCCC Veterans Services special event
- Kansas City Star and JCCC English: Editing Workshop