The CoLab Collaboration Center
The CoLab, Johnson County Community College's new student collaboration center
Located in the heart of JCCC's beautiful Overland Park campus, the CoLab provides many resources that help students, faculty and community partners to create collaborative, experiential learning opportunities.
The CoLab is an active learning environment offering an array of resources — imaginative co-work spaces, advanced technology, technical support, research assistance, event coordination — all focused on student success.
The CoLab facilitates collaboration on interdisciplinary projects among students, faculty and industry. Students will apply what they learn to develop strong interpersonal and communication skills critical to career success.
The CoLab encourages student and faculty connections to area businesses and community organizations, helping the college fulfill its mission to inspire learning, transform lives and strengthen communities.
Coming to the CoLab
The collaboration center hosted more than 250 projects, activities and events in its first three months of operation during fall 2016. This spring, events include:
- Girls Who Code
- JCCC English collaborative Great Books Series
- Kansas Day Presentation
- Discover the World Series
- KC STEMinists
- National Center for Women in Information Technology
- Digital Literacy Week
- World Mythology Exhibition
- Ron Suskind Conversation with JCCC Journalism Students
- Cavalier Leadership Development Program
- Kansas City Direct Marketing Association Non-Profit Seminar
- Model United Nations
- Kansas City Professional Development Council
- Science and Math Poster Symposium
- Cavalier Conference on Writing and Literature
- Documentary film presentations
- Panel discussions
- Advisory board meetings