Skip to main content

The College Now program provides high school students the opportunity to earn college credits through concurrent enrollment while completing their high school requirements.

Get Started with College Now

High school students, before you apply, be sure to check the eligibility requirements.

Step 1 - Apply

  • If you have not previously taken College Now courses while in high school, you will need to apply for admission to JCCC. Select the term you plan to be taking courses (i.e., Summer/Fall term for first semester or Spring term for second semester).
  • You only need to apply once, so if you have already applied or taken College Now courses, skip this section and move to step 2!

Start an Application 

Step 2 - Test (complete placement test only if required)

  • Placement testing/ACT scores are only required for certain College Now courses (e.g. English, math, science, CNA, etc.)
  • If placement test/ACT scores are required, it is noted on the College Now schedule for your high school as a prerequisite.
  • Not sure whether you need ACT scores or a JCCC placement test? Visit with your high school counselor.

Learn more about testing 

Step 3 - Enroll

Learn more about how to enroll 

Step 4 - Pay

  • Tuition is due at the time of enrollment and can be paid online, in person or by mail.
  • There are certain career and technical courses where tuition is waived for high school students who meet residency requirements. This is designated as "Excel in CTE" on the College Now Schedule of courses for your high school

Learn more about paying tuition 

 Frequently Asked Questions

Excel in CTE is Kansas initiative that allows JCCC to waive the cost of tuition for high school students who enroll in certain career and technical courses. High school students must meet JCCC Kansas residency requirements to qualify. Eligible courses will be marked with a designation of *Excel in CTE under the course title on the class schedule. Visit Excel in CTE for answers to frequently asked questions.
Your high school counselors are the most knowledgeable about the College Now program and the courses being offered at your high school.
May 15 for Fall semester and year-long classes.
December 1 for Spring semester.
All College Now courses will receive a grade on your JCCC transcript. For information on how the course grade will be calculated, check with your College Now instructor.

Go to Get My Transcript to request your JCCC transcript to be sent anywhere. Transcripts can be sent back to your high school or to any college, university or person you choose. It is a safe, fast and easy way to order and send your official JCCC college transcript.

IMPORTANT NOTE: College Now grades are not posted with the traditional JCCC student grades.

Be sure to select the “After Grades are Posted” option when ordering your College Now transcript to be sent at the end of the semester.

If you are enrolled in a fall year-long course and a spring semester course, DO NOT request a transcript until you have checked to be sure that all grades have been posted to your student record. Once all grades have been posted you can select "Process Now" to request your transcript be sent.

There is no limit on the amount of College Now credit hours you can accumulate while in high school. However, you may want to speak with a JCCC counselor or refer to the JCCC transfer guides for guidance.

If you are interested in transferring JCCC credit to another university or institution, please visit the Transfer Information and Services webpage.

If you are interested in transferring to a university in the state of Kansas, you may also visit the Kansas Board of Regents webpage for updated transfer courses.

The JCCC College Now program is accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP). JCCC is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission312-263-0456.

At some colleges, if you have earned 12 or more college credits, your college GPA rather than your high school GPA may be used in awarding scholarships.

It is also possible that your scholarship or financial aid could be impacted if you drop College Now classes. For further information, contact the Financial Aid/Scholarships office at the college or university you plan to attend.


9th Grade Gifted Students

Ninth grade students are eligible to enroll in credit classes by completing the following requirements:

  • Submit an application for admission.
  • Submit a copy of a current Individual Educational Plan (IEP) from a public school to the JCCC Admissions Office.
  • Student and parent must meet with program director of Admissions after above material is submitted.

JCCC protects the confidentiality of student records in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).

Regardless of the student’s age, rights under FERPA begin when a student enrolls in college. The confidentiality of their academic records is protected by this federal law. Information may not be released to a parent without the written consent of the student.

As a college student, it is now their right and responsibility to contact JCCC directly with questions regarding their college records. For more information on FERPA, visit the JCCC FERPA webpage.