Password Expiration Help
Did you get a notice that your password is expiring? This page will help you through the process of updating it.
JCCC network passwords expire after 90 days. You will get a notification each day for 14 days before it actually expires.
If you do not reset your password, your account will be locked when your password expires.
Creating a new password
- Do not reuse a previous password.
- Your password should include a minimum of 8 characters.
- Your password MUST include:
- at least one number (0-9)
- at least one of the following non-alpha-numeric symbols _ ! % * ?
- at least one capital letter
- at least one lower case letter
- Your password MUST NOT include part of your username, first name or last name.
Once your password is updated, restart your computer.
Updating your password on a laptop
Connect the laptop to the JCCC network with a network cable (not wireless) before you change your password and maintain the wired connection for at least 30 minutes to ensure all systems are updated.
Updating when you use a mobile device to manage email or your calendar
Switch your device to “airplane mode” before starting the password change on your computer. This will prevent your device from possibly locking your account when it automatically logs on to retrieve new data.
- Instructions for enabling airplane mode
- When “airplane mode” is on, visit password.jccc.edu on your laptop or desktop to update your password
- Update your device’s mail/calendar app settings with your new password
- Disable “airplane mode” to re-establish any network and JCCC resource connections
- If your device does not connect, you may have entered your new password incorrectly. Re-enable airplane mode and update the device settings with your new password again.
Password management tools like Apple's Keychain
You may need to manually update the JCCC password saved in the Keychain. It may not update automatically.