Start-up/aspiring entrepreneurs, begin with a KSBDC start-up workshop.
Begin with a KSBDC start-up workshop, which include:
- Small Business Basics in a Day (8 a.m.-4 p.m., offered 6 times a year)
- Business Basics: Conducting Market Research and Feasibility Analysis
- Business Basics: Creating Financial Projections You Can Take to the Bank
- Business Basics: Mastering the Business Plan
- QuickBooks® Fundamentals
- QuickBooks Online
There are also eight- and 16-week business planning courses available during the fall and spring semesters at JCCC.
After you have completed a start-up workshop or have a draft of your business plan, one of the KSBDC's experienced small business advisors can assist you in identifying your next steps. Please complete this short assessment and an advisor will contact you.
- Business Plan Guidelines – PDF
- One-hour Business plan – PDF
- KSBDC Online Business Plan Tool – free!
- Choosing a Legal Structure – PDF
- SBA Kansas City District Office - Small Business Resource Guide – PDF
- Justine PETERSEN – Microlending Agency for Small Businesses
- SCORE Financial Projections Template – XLS
- Financial Projections Spreadsheet – XLS