Counseling and Advising Services
A JCCC counselor can help you achieve your educational and career goals through academic advising and personal counseling. Meet with one of us early in your time at the college and often. The Career Development Center can help you see how your college major can translate into a career option – a chosen profession that integrates your interests, personality, values, skills, talents and education.
- Schedule an appointment to see a counselor by calling 913-469-3809.
- Bring a completed copy of the Required Appointment Checklist (PDF) to your appointment.
- To better understand the goals and services provided by the counseling center, please take time to review the Counseling Syllabus (PDF) prior to your appointment.
- Note the time of your appointment on this form and be prompt.
- Please call to cancel your appointment 24 hours in advance.
- To make an appointment with a specific counselor, refer to Meet Our Counselors.
Quick Question Desk
Stop by the QQD in the Student Success Center if you have one or two brief questions for a counselor.
Instant Message (IM) Advising
You can ask a counselor general, quick and nonpersonal questions through Instant Message (IM) Advising.
Email Advising is also designed to answer your general questions.