Description and Responsibilities
The Center for Student Involvement exists to provide an environment in which students are actively involved in JCCC co-curricular life.
Description for the Center for Student Involvement (CSI)
The CSI is the home for JCCC’s more than 80 campus organizations and works to oversee and staff the Student Lounge and Campus Center.
The CSI is fully equipped with work and storage space for organizations, Internet access with color printing, a spacious conference room, a relaxing lounge area, and a friendly staff actively working to facilitate networking between students.
Being a true culmination of student ideas and actions, the CSI proudly displays student work from the JCCC Art Department while serving as home base for both the Academic Excellence Challenge and JCCC Golden Girls Dance teams. It also features the campus’ only meditation room, where students, faculty, and staff can come to refocus.
The location hours and general phone are located on the right sidebar under our student activities & organizations website. It also includes links to the Facebook, twitter and CSI blog accounts.
For contact information use the directory on the site to search by name, department or title.
Organization Responsibilities and Privileges
- The Center for Student Involvement is available for use during business hours (Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Student Organizations will be held responsible for damage to college property and for any damage to the campus and/or the Center for Student Involvement. In the cases where damage cannot be pinpointed to an individual or an organization, the cost for damages will be divided among all Student Organizations occupying the space.
- Student Organizations must maintain a clean and orderly space at all times to ensure safety. All spaces must be cleaned by the last day of final exams. Failure to do so will result in the items being disposed of and the Student Organization being charged for cleaning. Food items consumed in the Center for Student Involvement should be properly disposed of.
- It is illegal to store drugs, alcohol, weapons, and chemicals/flammables of any sort in the storage cabinets. In addition, Student Organizations may not store food in these spaces.
- Allocated storage space may not be transferred to any other Student Organization or be set aside for personal use. Previous occupancy does not guarantee retention or future allocation of the storage space.
- Keys for the storage spaces are checked out by the CSI staff. Keys must be returned to the staff after every use. If a Student Organization wishes, it can leave a list with the CSI of members who are able to have access to the storage space.
- Every Student Organization member utilizing the CSI is expected to comply with these policies. Failure by any member to abide by these conditions may result in the loss of storage space for the Student Organization.