F-1 or M-1 Visa Interview
Preparing for Your Visa Interview
These resources will help you prepare for your interview.
- NAFSA: Prepare for the Student Visa and Your Visa Interview
- NAFSA: 10 Points to Remember When Applying for Your Student Visa
- U.S. Department of State Visa Denials
What to Do if You Are Denied a Visa
- If the officer gives you a piece of paper with an explanation regarding your denial, do not dispose of it. Read it.
- Immediately after your interview, write down every question you were asked and every answer you gave.
- Email the JCCC International and Immigrant Student Services office the following information:
- Your last name
- Your first name
- Your date of birth
- Your passport number
- The date of your visa interview
- The city in which you were interviewed
- A list of the questions you were asked and the answers you gave
In the subject line of your email to JCCC write, “Request for assistance with visa denial for <insert your name here>”