Positive Tuberculosis (TB) Test Results
If you test positive on a TB blood test or TB skin test or have had a positive result on one of these tests in the past, you must:
- Meet with a staff member at the International and Immigrant Student Services (IISS) office before going for a chest x-ray or undergoing another TB test.
- Be aware that JCCC will not accept chest x-ray reports of students who do not first meet with an IISS staff member prior to going for a chest x-ray.
- Schedule an appointment with an IISS staff member by calling 913-469-7682 or sending us an email.
If you tested positive on your most current TB test, do not delay in setting up an appointment to meet with an IISS staff member because:
- If you are a new or returning JCCC student:
- You will only be permitted to enroll in classes once you have met with an IISS staff member and have fulfilled the additional TB screening requirements discussed with the IISS staff member.
- If you are a current JCCC student whose TB test results are expiring:
- You will only be permitted to enroll and/or remain enrolled in classes for the upcoming semester once you have met with an IISS staff member and have fulfilled the additional TB screening requirements discussed with the IISS staff by the deadline indicated in the email you received through your JCCC email about the need to retest for TB.
If you have been issued a letter or certificate attesting that you completed a 6 to 9 treatment for latent TB infection, submit this documentation to the IISS office as it will be reviewed to see whether you can be exempt from further TB testing requirements.