International and Immigrant Students Preparing for Arrival in the U.S. and Mailing Information
Preparing for your arrival to the United States
Before you pack or schedule your flight read all following resources can help you be better prepared.
- Planning Your Trip to the United States
- Student Travel Information
- U.S. Customs Restrictions – What You Cannot Bring Back With You Into the United States
- What you can expect when you arrive at the US Port of Entry
- Traveling with Disabilities - Review the U.S. Department of State’s Information Sheet
When preparing for your trip, JCCC provides suggestions for what to bring and what not to bring to the U.S.
Mailing Items to the United States
- Baggage, packages and mail should be sent to your U.S. residence or the residence of an individual you know in the in the U.S.
- Do not mail your baggage, packages or mail to JCCC.
- Shipping - If you ship items, use a reliable carrier that will ensure proper customs clearance and delivery.
- Insurance Protection - Purchase insurance protection for your shipment.