Skip to main content

Service members using tuition assistance should contact their Education Services Office prior to enrolling in classes. Each branch of the service has its own rules and methods of applying for TA, so you will need to contact your unit for application assistance.

If you will be using tuition assistance through the military, you will need to submit an approved TA Authorization to the JCCC third-party billing office on or before the payment deadline of each semester. The military tuition assistance program only pays for tuition, not fees. Please be aware that JCCC has a $16 per credit hour student fee bundled into its tuition rates. Service members using tuition assistance will be responsible for paying this fee. Please contact Gerry Barrett at 913-469-8500, ext. 4247, to obtain a billing statement that does not include the student fees.

If your TA administrator requests a signed program plan of study, contact a JCCC counselor to review and sign your JCCC DegreeCheck® program plan. You can make an appointment by calling 913-469-3809.

If you will be using My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) for military spouses, you need to call or email JCCC Counselor Alice Baty at 913-469-8500, ext. 6749, for your approved program plan of study.

If you need assistance in uploading your classes to the tuition assistance portals or have questions about using tuition assistance at JCCC, please email the Veteran and Military Resource Center.