Skip to main content

Build career skills that translate to college credit

Get the credits you’ve already earned. Start working toward a JCCC associate degree or certificate before you graduate high school.

What is articulated credit?

Articulated credit courses are the classes you took in high school that are JCCC-approved to transfer as college credit. You can start earning your JCCC associate degree or certificate right from your high school classroom!

Who’s eligible for articulated credit?

We’ve established articulation agreements with Johnson, Douglas and Miami county public schools in Kansas. Find your school district and see which of your courses may articulate.

How do I receive credit?

  1. Talk with your high school counselor about courses that can articulate. Review your individual plan of study.
  2. Complete JCCC’s 3-step application process and send your high school transcripts to the Admissions Office.
  3. Once you’ve applied and received your student ID, you’ll be able to fill out the Advanced Standing Articulated Credit Application.
  4. The Early College Partnerships & Outreach Office will receive your application and contact your shortly. If you have any questions, please email the Early College Partnerships & Outreach Office at

What to know about the Advanced Standing Articulated Credit Application:

  • Apply for credit for up to two (2) years after your high school graduation date. Eligible courses for transfer must have a final grade of “B” or above.
  • To process your Advanced Standing Credit Application, you’ll need to apply for admission to JCCC and have your final transcripts on file. If you have questions about the application process, call the Admissions Office at 913-469-3803.
  • Your application will be processed once you have completed your first semester at JCCC. At that time, the credit listed on the enclosed Advanced Standing Articulated Credit Application will be posted as a “P” (pass) grade on your JCCC transcript.
Articulated credit is intended for JCCC programs and JCCC certificates. If you want to transfer these courses to another institution, check with the receiving institution to determine transferability.