Skip to main content

To use your VA education benefits, you must enroll in classes at JCCC and then be certified by the JCCC Veteran Services office.

Follow these steps if you are a new or transfer student:

1. Apply to the Department of Veterans Affairs to establish your eligibility for education benefits. Once the VA has processed your application, it will send you a Certificate of Eligibility. This is your official notification that you are eligible to use your benefits.

2. Apply for admission and enroll in classes at JCCC.

The VA will only pay for approved degree/certificate programs.

3. Once you are enrolled in classes, submit the following forms to the JCCC Veteran Services office for enrollment verification:

When you submit paperwork to our office, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your forms from the JCCC Veteran Services office.

Your course schedule will be reviewed by the Veteran Services office. To be certified to the VA, your classes must be required for your JCCC educational objective. To ensure that your classes will be certified, you should use the JCCC DegreeCheck program to see how your classes are fitting into your JCCC educational objective.

When your enrollment is certified to the VA, you will receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt from the Veterans Administration.

All email notifications will go to your JCCC stumail address. It is your responsibility to check this account regularly.

JCCC has many free resource centers to assist you with tutorial services. If you find that you need additional assistance, the VA has a tutorial assistance program that can reimburse you for a private tutor. Please contact the Veterans Administration advisor if you would like more information on using this program.