Skip to main content

To use your Veterans Administration (VA) education benefits, you must enroll in classes at JCCC and then be certified by the JCCC Veteran Services office. The VA will only pay for approved degree/certificate programs.

Follow these steps to use your VA education benefits:

1. Apply to the VA to establish your eligibility for education benefits. Once the VA has processed your application, it will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). This is your official notification that you are eligible to use your benefits.

2. Apply for admission to the NARS program at JCCC.

3. Once you are enrolled in classes, submit your VA Certificate of Eligibility and the Enrollment Certification Request for VA Education Benefits (PDF) to the JCCC Veteran Services office for enrollment certification.

  • When you submit paperwork to our office, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your forms from the JCCC Veteran Services office.
  • When your enrollment is certified to the VA, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt from the Veterans Administration.
  • All email notifications will go to your JCCC stumail address. It is your responsibility to check this account regularly.

All NARS tuition and fees must be paid four weeks prior to the class start date.  If you are using the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, please contact JCCC Veteran Services for more information on how this benefit will affect your payment arrangements.

In addition to your GI Bill®, there may be funding available to you through the BNSF Training Scholarship.