Skip to main content

Because We Care

The increase in food insecurity across the nation is mirrored in Johnson County Kansas. Led by Dining Services and in conjunction with many other departments across campus, JCCC has created a program to provide free meals to students on campus—guaranteeing access to healthy, quality food on days they are on campus.

How does it work?

MealSHARE loads Dining Dollars on every selected student’s College ID for use in all Dining Services locations.  

Prior to each semester, JCCC students enrolled in six or more credit hours can apply for Cavalier MealSHARE assistance through Financial Aid. Qualified students are given a daily allotment of Dining Dollars added to their student ID. Students don't have to be receiving financial aid to qualify, but they need to be in good standing with the College. And because the dollars are on their IDs, they can make purchases without anyone knowing they're part of this program.

Where can it be used?

Students can use the Dining Dollars at any on-campus food venue—including the Food Court, Café Tempo, any of the JCCC coffee bars and in on-campus vending machines—to purchase the food they need. The daily dollars are not carried over from day to day, and students are responsible for the transaction amount over the dining dollars allocated. 

Know a student who needs help?

Applications are accepted prior to each fall semester and continued to be accepted until all available funds have been allocated. Participating students who are continuing at JCCC should reapply at the end of each summer term to be considered for the new school year. Students will be added to the program as long as funding is available.

Would you like to support the program?

For those who would like to financially support the continuation of the Cavalier MealSHARE program, you can make a donation to the MealSHARE program through the JCCC Foundation.

Donate to MealSHARE

Want to use Financial Aid for Dining Dollars?

You can before the start of each semester. Here’s how:

  • Visit the Financial Aid Office (SC 253) to fill out the form you need. 
  • You have to tell Financial Aid to set aside your Dining Dollars before you actually receive the funds.
  • Once you receive your funds, you can add money to your Dining Dollars account using the normal procedures.

For more information and to confirm the allocation deadline, call the Financial Aid Office at 913-469-3840.