Skip to main content

To apply, complete only one of the two processes below (Federal Student Aid or your local Workforce office) to establish your eligibility for funds.

We are only looking for your eligibility for funds; we are not looking for you to actually receive funding from either process. The completion of one of these processes will prove your status of unemployed, underemployed or dislocated worker. You will be asked to provide this proof of status information with your application.

Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

  1. Go to the FAFSA website.
  2. Complete the online application. The JCCC Federal School Code is 008244.
  3. After completing this online process, in three to five business days you will receive an email with your SAR (Student Aid Report). This report will show your status for funding. Print this report and attach it to your JCCC CE Scholarship application form.
  4. If you need additional help, you can go to the Student Success Center located on the second floor of the Student Center on the JCCC campus.


Workforce Offices

Check with your local area workforce center to see if you qualify. This process is separate from Johnson County Community College and is only used to determine eligibility.

Once you have completed ONE of the above steps:

  1. Complete and sign a JCCC Continuing Education scholarship application form.
  2. Provide proof of eligibility: FASFA (SAR) Report or letter from a workforce office caseworker.
  3. (Optional) Submit (with application) a resume that includes prior education, employment history and at least one reference letter from a former employer. Email your completed application to Debbie Rulo or return your completed applications to:
Johnson County Community College
Debbie Rulo, Box 34
12345 College Boulevard
Overland Park, KS 66210-1299

For more information, call 913-469-3213.