Skip to main content

If you're still deciding on a major, working with a career counselor can help you.

Our career counselors will work with you to make sure you:

  • Understand career decision-making process works
  • Assess your interests, strengths and personality
  • Learn about different careers
  • Explore your options

Career counselors for current students and alumni of JCCC are available in the Career Development Center by appointment and during scheduled walk-in times.

Enrolling Without a Major

You can still enroll for classes even if you haven't chosen a major, but if you intend to apply for financial aid through JCCC, you have to be enrolled in a program that leads to an associate's degree or an eligible vocational certificate or be in a transfer program that leads to a bachelor's degree at another institution. Get details on the Financial Aid web page.

Changing Your Major

After you have met with a career or academic counselor and decided to change your major, you may refer to the records office for details regarding changing your major.