Skip to main content

Get the credits you’ve already earned. High school courses in your field of study may be applied toward a JCCC associate degree.

A student checks a tire in an auto shop class in the Career and Technical Education Center.

Beginning in high school, your counselor can help you set educational goals and assess your career interests. From there, you can create an individual plan of study or “road map,” that will help you navigate through high school and even after graduation.

Create a smooth transition from high school to JCCC and a potential career. The JCCC Career Pathways program can help link your career-related classes from high school to the same or similar program at JCCC. Some courses on your road map can be connected (also known as articulated) to college credit to get you started on your way toward a JCCC associate degree.

Career-related courses that could articulate to JCCC programs include hospitality and culinary, accounting, business and marketing, graphic and web design, interior design, computer programming and more.

Creating partnerships

At Johnson County Community College, we work with your high school counselors and teachers to ensure a seamless transition from high school to JCCC. With our help, you won't repeat the classes for which you already received credit.

A graphic swoop of white arrows on a blue background. Decorative.

Participating School Districts

See if your district is one!

The Kansas Career Clusters described as petals in a flower. Decorative image

Career Clusters

See how your career path aligns with JCCC programs.

Two students sit with open laptops. A teacher stands behind them, pointing at a laptop screen.

Are you a teacher interested in bringing students to campus?

Arrange a customized school visit or JCCC tour

Who’s eligible?

Articulation agreements have been established with Johnson, Douglas and Miami county public schools in Kansas. Meet with your high school counselor to review your individual plan of study.

How do I receive credit?

1. Talk with your high school counselor

2. Download and fill out the Articulated Credit Application (PDF). Return the completed form by email to Career Pathways.

Interested in Receiving Culinary Credit? 

Fill out a Career Pathways Articulated Credit Application (PDF) and email it to the Career Pathways office along with a copy of either your ProStart or American Culinary Federation certificate or your National Restaurant Association (NRA) ServSafe certificate – Manager’s level. The ServSafe certificate can also be in card form.

Additional resources

Kansas Works

Search for career and technical training opportunities offered by Kansas public education institutions.

Advance CTE

Advance CTE is an advocate for policies and legislation that enhance and sustain high-quality CTE programs throughout the nation.