Web Design and Development Courses (Continuing Education)
The Web has become a critical business function. Companies sell, buy and trade goods online, while organizations use the Web for marketing, promotion, entertainment or education.
You can gain the skills to work the Web for you, your small business, your department or your company by attending the Web Designer, Web Developer and Internet Marketing classes at Johnson County Community College.
Our HTML Basics and HTML and CSS Advanced classes form the foundation of all of the Web classes.
People wanting to pursue a path toward Web design can follow those classes with Dreamweaver for creating Web pages. The Designer track adds Flash to the mix for delivering animation and video on a website, then finishes with a two-day class to develop a portfolio facilitated by one of the Web class instructors.
The Internet Marketing certificate focuses on marketing for the Web. The Internet Marketing certificate will help you build e-mail marketing campaigns to turn prospects into buyers, leverage social media like Facebook to complement your business' other Web properties, and use YouTube to gain market share using video.
- HTML Basics
- HTML and CSS Advanced
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Dreamweaver: Designing Websites
- Email Marketing
- Flash Fundamentals
- Flash ActionScript
- pHp and MySQL for Dynamic Websites
- Search Engine Optimization
- SharePoint Installation and Implementation
- SharePoint Designer for SharePoint Sites
- SharePoint Site Development
- Social Media Marketing
- YouTube/Video Marketing with Podcasting
- Web Designer Portfolio Project
- Web Developer Portfolio Project
- Build a Website with WordPress
You can also earn the following types of certificates.
- Internet Marketing Certificate
- SharePoint Site Development Certificate
- Web Designer Certificate
- Web Developer Certificate
JCCC also offers online learning courses in computer technology. View online course options or call 913-469-2323 for more information.