Veteran Services - National Academy of Railroad Sciences (NARS) Students
To use your Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits, you must enroll in classes at JCCC and then be certified by the JCCC Veteran Services office. The VA will only pay for approved degree/certificate programs.
Follow these three steps to use your GI Bill benefits:
1. Apply to the VA to establish your eligibility for education benefits. Once the VA has processed your application, it will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). This is your official notification that you are eligible to use your benefits. Please submit a copy of your COE to the JCCC Veteran Services office as soon as you receive it.
2. Apply for admission to the NARS program at JCCC.
3. Once you are enrolled in classes, submit the Enrollment Certification Request for VA Education Benefits (PDF) to the JCCC Veteran Services office for enrollment certification.
- When you submit paperwork to our office, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your forms from the JCCC Veteran Services office.
- When your enrollment is certified to the VA, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt from the Veterans Administration.
- All email notifications will go to your JCCC stumail address. It is your responsibility to check this account regularly.