Selective Admissions Tests
Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal
This test is a requirement for the Paralegal program. The test is designed to determine how well an examinee can reason analytically and logically. Prospective Paralegal program applicants are not charged for this test.
Registration and Schedule:
- Administered on a walk-in basis during testing lab hours.
- There is no fee.
- The test is not timed, but you should allow approximately 1-1/2 hours to complete the test.
For Testing Day: A current official photo ID (more)
Test Content: Tests are paper/pencil, and are scored on Mondays, with scores arriving by mail the following week.
The HESI A2 exam is a scholastic aptitude test that is used in the selection process for admission into the JCCC LPN program.
Schedule and Fees:
- Sessions are scheduled from February through March for the Full-Time Day LPN program; September through October for the Evening/Weekend LPN program.
- The testing fee is $50. For test dates and to pay online select HESI A2.
Test Content - format for the test.
For Testing Day: A current official photo ID, receipt of payment, and HESI A2 username and password are required at the time of the test. You will need to arrive early at the main campus to find a parking place. Testing starts promptly at 8:15 a.m.
For information about the HESI A2 exam or questions about the score reports, email Jane Zaccardi, Director, Practical Nursing and HOC.
Residual ACT for Selective Admissions at JCCC
The residual ACT usually is administered to prospective students of JCCC selective admissions programs including Nursing, Dental Hygiene and Interpreter Training. Candidates must be current students, already admitted or in the process of applying to JCCC before testing.
Registration and Fees:
- If you are interested in having your ACT scores sent to another institution, you need to register for the national ACT test.
- The test is given at least once a month, from October through the following February.
- The fee is $50.
- For test dates and to pay online select Residual ACT.
For Testing Day:
- A current official photo ID is required at the time of the test.
- Calculators acceptable for the test will be checked at that time.
Scores and Retesting: Scores are sent to the student within 7-10 business days; however, these scores will not transfer to and are not accepted by other institutions. Examinees wishing to retest must wait 60 days between residual ACT tests. Scores from an ACT residual test given at JCCC are accepted only at JCCC.