A new GED test was introduced January 1, 2002. The state of Kansas will not accept scores from a GED test taken prior to January 1, 2002, as valid toward the Kansas high school diploma. Passing scores from those subject areas already completed cannot be combined with GED 2002 tests.
Policies on Retesting:
- Persons may not take retests on individual tests within the GED tests unless the person has taken the full battery of tests during an initial test administration.
- Persons who are retesting must successfully complete all individual retests within one (1) calendar year of the initial test administration. Persons who have not passed all retests within one (1) calendar year of the initial test administration must again preregister and take the entire battery. No score will be valid after one (1) calendar year.
- Prior to registering to retest, an examinee is strongly encouraged to complete a course of study to improve his/her score and potential pass rate.
- Instruction is provided through Johnson County Adult Education.
- You must pay $75 every time you retest.
- If you want to retest the entire test, you must register for an actual test date by the registration deadline.
For additional retest information please contact Testing Services at 913-469-4439 or 469-2309.