Your JCCC Student Senate
Congratulations to the 2013-2014 Executive Board!
President – Elliot Rogers
Vice-President – Rachel Georges
Secretary – Osama Al-Saleh
Treasurer – Jessica Fiona
Parliamentarian – Brenden Brower-Freeman
About Student Senate
Student Senate is your voice for all aspects of your education at JCCC. Comprised of five executive officers and 25 senators at-large, Student Senate provides government representation for the student body and allocates funds to student organizations. In addition, Student Senate works with the Center for Student Involvement to provide support and guidance to JCCC’s student organizations. So let Student Senate support you. Share your comments, concerns, and issues with us. We are here to serve you!
It’s Not Too Late to Join!
Want to get involved in Student Senate? All you need to do is attend three Senate meetings in a row. During your third visit, the Senate will vote to allow you to join.
We Can Work Together to Address Student Needs
This year, the Student Senate has set the following goals:
- Reach out to more students about the Senate and what we do for them
- Help promote campus safety
- Promote equality and diversity on campus
- Help improve computer access for students
- Help improve student awareness of the resources available to them
- Provide more service and opportunities for evening students
- Through Inter-Club Council have our new clubs feel welcome
- Promote JCCC athletics
If you have ideas or concerns you would like for Senate to address, we want to hear from you. Email us with your feedback or attend our meetings. We want to hear what is on you mind and make the most of your educational experience at JCCC. We are here to serve you.