If you need accommodations for testing such as extended time, use of a reader/scribe or use of a private room, contact the Access Services office.
Requesting Testing Accommodations
Access Services must first approve testing accommodations. You must meet with an Access advisor and complete a Service Request Form (SRF). You must deliver a Faculty Memo to your professors to notify them that a testing accommodation has been approved.
Examples of Testing Accommodations
Extended Test Time
- If you have requested extended test time and/or a less distractive environment, you will take exams in Testing Services, located in SC 334.
- You should go to Testing Services at the time of the test unless otherwise directed by your professor.
- You must present a current official photo identification when using Testing Services.
- If you qualify for this accommodation, you are usually given one and one-half the regular test time to complete testing. Your professor will advise Testing Services as to how long the normally scheduled testing period is.
Extended Test Time with a Reader, Scribe, Private Room, Proctor or Assistive Technology
- You must sign up a minimum of three working days before the exam (not including Saturday and Sunday). You may sign up for exams in Testing Services with the ADA testing coordinator. If you do not sign up for the exam three days in advance, you must meet with the ADA test coordinator before the test can be rescheduled.
- If you do not show up for the exam at the scheduled time, Testing Services will return the exam to your professor, and three working days’ notice must be given to reschedule the test. The professor must approve any and all changes in testing.
- Readers, scribes and proctors cannot and will not rephrase or explain test questions.
- Interpreters as an accommodation for tests are arranged as needed by the ADA testing coordinator.
- You are encouraged to remind your professor that you will be taking the exam in the Testing Center.
Testing Center Manages All Approved Testing Accommodations
All testing accommodations are managed by the JCCC Testing Center. For hours, location and additional testing information, please refer to the Testing Center online. Larry Durbin is the ADA testing coordinator and can be contacted at 913-469-8500, ext. 2487.