KOPS-WATCH Reporting Site
What to do if you encounter a potential threat or see unusual behavior at the college
JCCC has established a confidential report Website for students, staff, faculty and visitors to report strange or unusual behavior on any college-owned or college-operated facility or at any college sponsored event or activity, either on or off campus. This includes service-learning trips, internship experiences or any off-campus JCCC-sponsored gathering of students.
Use the confidential report Website or call 1-888-258-3230 to report information in the following categories. Do not use this site to report events presenting an immediate threat to life or property. Such reports submitted through this service may not receive an immediate response.
If you require emergency assistance, call the campus police department at 913-469-2500 (913-339-6699 TDD/TTY). If you are off campus, call 911.
- Criminal activity on or near the JCCC campus: If you have information related to criminal activity that has already taken place, or may take place in the future, select this category to report it to the JCCC Police Department.
- Violent behavior: Report any willful, malicious or repeated behaviors involving bullying, stalking or excessive anger.
- Welfare alert (concern for student): DO NOT use this for emergency situations. If you require emergency assistance, contact the JCCC Police Department at ext. 4111 or 913-469-2500 from a non-campus phone. If you are off campus, contact 911. Use this report if you are concerned for another student’s well being or if the student may need help with depression, grief, suicidal thoughts, stress management, substance abuse, or serious mental or physical illness.
- Unusual or erratic behavior: Any behavior that is or seems to be inappropriate or beyond acceptable behavior standards should be reported.
- Substance abuse or use: Substance abuse is defined as the misuse of both legal (prescription) and illegal drugs and/or alcohol.
- Discrimination or harassment: Uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct directed at a student because of gender, national origin, race, sex, color, disability, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or other impermissible basis should be reported.