Degree Partnership Program
An efficient, affordable path to a college degree
A college degree is as valuable as your time and money. That’s why Johnson County Community College and the University of Kansas offer a collaborative degree partnership that provides an efficient, affordable higher education learning opportunity.
Often referred to as a dual enrollment, this degree partnership program simultaneously provides the best values and experiences from JCCC and KU. You can enroll at JCCC and KU in the same semester and receive bonus value. This “transfer community” helps you do more than dream of your college degree. Collaboration and shared experiences make it happen.
Steps to success
Begin the college experience at JCCC with an associate degree. Continue your success at KU to earn a bachelor’s degree. In the end, you will be job ready and college educated -- two degrees in as little as four years. Here are the initial steps to get your started:
- Register for the program (PDF form)
- Meet with your JCCC counselor and KU advisor
- Explore class offerings and get acclimated with JCCC and the KU campuses in Lawrence and Overland Park
Benefits for you
We keep you focused on not one, but two college diplomas
- Enroll in core classes at community college tuition levels, saving one-third the cost of university tuition.
- Experience a seamless transfer process.
- Ongoing, joint JCCC counseling and KU advising
- Automatic exchange of transcripts
- Coordinated financial aid
- Interact with quality instructors and enjoy small class sizes while transitioning between high school and college
- Establish life-long mentoring relationships with JCCC and KU professors
- Lock in one academic catalog that as you work toward two-year and four-year degrees
- Take upper level and program-specific classes while meeting core curriculum requirements
- Receive second-to-none student services at JCCC and the KU campuses in Lawrence and Overland Park:
- Resource centers
- Career development support
- Explore engagement and campus life opportunities at JCCC and the KU campuses in Lawrence and Overland Park:
- Program-specific lectures
- Study abroad options
- Leadership opportunities
This low-cost, high-value transfer pathway, helps you carry forward your rewarding experience from JCCC to KU for continued success.